If we leave the EU, Mewburn Ellis will waive our service charges when converting your pending EU trade mark applications into UK trade mark applications. Also, to assist those who are interested in obtaining the security offered by UK trade mark rights alongside EU trade mark protection, we are offering 50% off our service charges for filing a UK trade mark when that is instructed alongside an EU trade mark.
You don't need to anything now other than fill out the form below to request further information. Terms and conditions can be found below.
Terms and ConditionsConverting pending EUTM applications to UK applications for free:
- “Free” means that we will not make a service charge to convert the pending EU case, to file any forms at the UK IPO, and to record ourselves as the representatives. However, UK IPO official fees will still have to be paid at the point of conversion, as will any costs further on – including our service charge for dealing with publication and grant of the UK TM, or dealing with any UK objections or UK oppositions.
- At this stage, we cannot foresee what will happen with pending EUTMs which are under opposition at the point that Brexit takes effect, and until there is clarity on this matter these are excluded from the offer.
- The offer applies to pending EU cases, regardless of whether Mewburn Ellis is already responsible for the case or not.
- New clients will receive formal engagement letters, in line with professional regulation requirements. If a substantial number of conversions are being filed, we may need to request payment of the official fees in advance.
50% discount to our service charge for an identical UKTM:
- The 50% discount applies to our usual services for an identical UK trade mark application if this filing is instructed within 1 week of our acknowledgement of EUTM filing instructions.
The 50% discount also applies to our extra class and priority claim service charges.